It's been awhile since I blogged, I'm out of practice.
I work at a hospital. I work in different areas all the time, Pediactric ICU, Med/Surg, ER, NICU - all over the place. And you see some crazy things, what you don't see, you hear about. This doesn't necessarily fall into the "crazy" category, more just the "are you serious" file. Well, the hospital I work at (like most hospitals I would assume) is a smoke free campus. Directly across the street is a community college - also smoke free, clearly pointed out by a huge sign right in the middle of the courtyard. Regardless, this where everyone goes to smoke. In the smoke free courtyard under the smoke free sign. Patients in wheel chairs hooked up to IV's dragging their poles behind them lighting up. Just a crazy observation I made today.
My 8 year old is a sleepwalker. He's always been a heavy sleeper, but now he's graduated to being mobile while semi-conscience. At first I would hear him and get up thinking he needed something, or wasn't feeling well and asked him if he was okay. He would then "look" at me and laugh. Which didn't illicit the most patient response out of me at 3 in the morning. It took awhile but I think I finally figured out what's getting him up at night in the first place. He's gotta pee. Only he's asleep. There is a hugely funny story here that I could tell but for the sake of dignity (namely my sons) - I won't. Which makes it a pretty lame blog altogether. My solution: we are cutting back on the fluids before bed and hoping that will help stay put - if not I may have to look into other options (i.e. a gate perhaps).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment