December 31, 2008
Today I am short two kids and a husband. Zayne decided to "move out" for 10 days to his Great Grandparents house and Josh took Jacob to visit Zayne there. I highly doubt it will last ten days (we are on day two now) but he had fun packing a suit case nonetheless, and he is only a 10 minute drive from home.
The twins are "resting" on the couch while watching a movie. It's hard to argue with two 3 year olds and their logic of not taking a nap because "da sun is up momma - it not dark" with nothing other than "because I said so" which is usually a winning reason, but not today.
So I am sitting at the computer with my ice tea and a half eaten box of Nerds from the Christmas stockings typing . . . why . . . because.
I could make list of things I should be doing (laundry, reading, cleaning, shoveling snow, etc.) but this requires very little thought and movement, and I guess I'm enjoying the quietness that two less kids brings.
On another note:
If you know me at all, you know my diet is lacking in just about everything (hence the box of Nerds), but especially veggies. So I have this dietary supplement I'm taking, which normally I am not a huge fan of, but it's called "It's Greens" and you put two tiny scoops into your Simply Orange O.J. (or water) in the morning and stir it up (which does make it turn a greenish color). It is orange flavored so you can't taste it at all and it has the nutritional value of 8+ servings of fruits and veggies. Not too shabby, and I did feel like I had more energy after drinking it. Who would of thought veggies and fruits are good for you . . . huh.
New Years eve is upon us which marks the 9 year anniversary of the first night I laid eyes on my husband at a party in Portland, Or. Best night of my life. And tonight I will celebrate with him again and any children of ours that can stay awake until midnight. If history has anything to show for it, I will be the first one asleep, I've slept through the last few New Year's quite soundly.
Happy New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment