Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dr. Laura

November 14, 2008

I love talk radio. And for the past few weeks I have been finding the good AM stations here in Michigan and figuring out who's on when and where. I used to listen to Dr. Laura when I worked before Zayne was born and I found her again this week. Whether you love her or you hate her she is a riot to listen to. She is beyond to the point and has zero time for ignorance. There are times when I cringe at her answers to peoples questions, because she is rarely sensitive, but, these people are listening to the show and they know how she rolls. You get the occasional callers who make me wonder how they dress themselves in the morning or dial a phone, let alone maintain a relationship. She has a pretty good sense of weeding out the folks who just want to complain and be the victim. It's like a reality t.v. train wreck, only in the car. Not all calls are like that, there are some legitimate questions and Dr. Laura's answers are very clear and free of bull*!% which can be hard to come by. Not many people want to hear the truth, they'd rather settle for a lie. So I enjoy her show and her insight. I may not agree all the time, but I doubt she'd care!

No comments: