November 5, 2008
After a week in Florida and a slow start getting back on schedule with school, Jacob had a rough day getting to work. Once he starts he's fine but getting started proves to be a struggle (it was Monday). So yesterday, he had a particularly bad attitude, so I grounded him. It's school work, not an option and I expect it to be done in a timely manner with something that resembles a good attitude. The problem however arises in the fact that the idea of the "grounding" was successful, I had a hard time coming up with what he was grounded from. On a typical day we have school, play, guitar lessons, maybe the library, Grandma's house, and then add in the nessecities of eating, errands, and the general craziness of 4 kids. There are no video games, hours of t.v., computer games or anything, to take away from him as a consequence. I could give him more school work, but ultimately that requires me to continue the Monday battle. So anyway, I don't really have a point other than apparently today I ran out of creative disciplinary tactics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment